Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Nonspecific Rant

I'm going to try to post more. This will last for about a week and will probably drop off. Sorry about that. I have to complain first off about the weather. Fucking 30 degrees?! Are you kidding me? I'm actually offended. This is offensive.

Things I am loving right now:

-- Air. Specifically, the great Moon Safari, as well as Talkie Walkie.
-- Sushi. I'm currently eating it more often than my usual once a week. Though, I'm beginning to feel a little self-conscious because the host at the place I take out from knows me by sight now. Sad.
-- Spacca Napoli's salsiccia y brocoletti pizza. Mmmmm, rapini.
-- Diane Von Furstenberg's spring dresses. Too bad my football player shoulders prevent me from looking normal in one of these.

Things I can't stand right now:

-- My Starbucks. Why is there always a line 15 people deep? Is it so complicated to, oh I don't know, KNOW WHAT YOU WANT TO ORDER BEFORE YOU GET TO THE FRONT OF THE LINE? Why is this so complicated a concept? Have your $$ out, order your coffee, pay the nice hipster, and get out of the fucking way! It's the same every day! And even if this is your first time in a Starbucks, did you not see the 10 people in front of you step up, order their drink, pay, and move out of the way? Fucking lumbering, idiotic Midwestern masses. Just because you are dead inside and have no reason to hurry doesn't give you the right to annoy the shit out of me. These are the same people who can't seem to comprehend ATMs, despite their ubiquitous presence since about 1992. I'm beginning to walk 1 block out of my way (a huge distance in the Loop) to the Lavazza. Higher quality coffee + lower concentration of dipshits = worthwhile side trip.

-- The CTA. Third fucking largest city in the U.S. and they can't seem to manage a rail system. Way to keep up with New York and L.A., guys. The sight of 4 half-empty buses in a row on LaSalle Street also makes me want to puke.

-- Easter. I'm not sure why, other than its extreme religious significance. That in itself annoys me. I'm all about Easter baskets and spring, but knowing that overzealous religious people are being self-indulgently pensive bugs the shit out of me.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Caffeine Free said...

Hey! Hope all is well...like the new look!

6:38 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites