Thursday, May 17, 2007

And then sometimes...

revenge is sweet. Don't get me wrong, I hate lawyers, I hate this profession, I hate all of the assholes with whom routine encounters are inevitable. But, sometimes, sometimes, things actually do go your way and the jerks and liars lose and you win. It's all a crapshoot, really. But I'll take a "win" when it comes along on those rare occasions.

I guess trying to remain calm and not get all angry all the time doesn't always necessarily mean that you are a pushover. It's just hard not to feel that way when people automatically assume you are a meek pushover just by looking at you. When motherfuckers get in my face, though, it actually makes it more fun because it makes me much more inclined to get in their face and not care what they think. The most important thing is to know your shit and be prepared and ACT like you know what you're doing.

All right, enough of that. Can you believe Memorial Day weekend is NEXT weekend? Are you kidding me? SUMMER IS OVER.

I'm feeling woefully out of shape because usually on the weekend before Memorial Day I'm doing some kind of race. Yeah...not this year. My training regimen lately has involved exercising my liver. And I'm going to be doing more of that this weekend! No, at some point I'll bring Lucy out, dust her off, and take her for a ride. Then it's time for the sweet, fermented juices of the agave plant.

This is so random, but I've discovered someone in my office uses Axe Body Spray. He's almost 40 and lives in the suburbs with his wife and 1.5 kids. It's true. Are you kidding me? You have to go to their website. I've never seen anything like it. It actually made me laugh out loud. I was just mocking the entire concept of men's body sprays with Patrick Bateman the other day, how it smells of dorm rooms and uncomfortable dates and horribly awkward attempts at making out. The entire thing makes me laugh my ass off.

One more thing -- Alberto Gonzales is the only person who can make John Ashcroft look like a defender of civil liberties. Holy christ, that shit is WRONG.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites