Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Fava Beans and A Nice Chianti

This is just not my year. I actually slipped and fell ON MY HEAD and busted open my lip. Yes, folks. An actual faceplant! I am just the epitome of grace, aren't I? Bloody lip and face, another visit to the ER, six stitches, pain, and a massively bruised ego later, I am worried that I am going to have an unbecoming scar on my mouth. Out of some kind of morbid, exhibitionist curiosity, I may muster up the courage to take a picture of it and post it here, but man, is it ugly. It's my Hannibal Lector look. Very becoming. Ah well, it could have been a lot worse, and I am grateful that it wasn't. I don't even have a good story: a bike accident, a fight, NADA. Just pure clumsiness. The ER nurse actually said, "Oh, you again?" My goal is to not set foot in the ER (or another doctor's office) for the rest of 2006.

On another note, someone I love very much is going through a difficult time now and as much as it is breaking my heart, I know it must be breaking this person's even more. I wish there was more I could do, other than express in whatever clumsy way how much I care for this person. But this person is so, so incredibly strong and will get through this, whatever the resolution is. I don't know why awful things happen to the best, most noble, most kind, most honest, most wonderful people. The unfortunate answer, in part, is that those whom we love the most have the power to hurt us the most.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites