Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Countdown to Muncie

OK OK I know, I am getting repetitive with my titles here. But I couldn't think of another way to phrase it and I'm short on time so get over it. Three days and counting to the longest race I have attempted thus far. I know, who cares (I hardly do), but it's hard not to be distracted by this. There is so much going on right now, and always in the back of my mind is, "How am I going to run a friggin' half-marathon after sitting on my ass for 56 miles?!?!?" Seriously, the last time I ran that distance was at least two years ago with Jess and we were both about to die by mile 10, and that's after doing absolutely nothing beforehand! Augh! And anyone who knows me knows I couldn't care less about mileage or distances or any of that crapola, but I'm just seriously communicating my anxiety about this thing. I also can't help but feel that my friends/training partners (picture below) are going to be relying on me to not be a whiney little girl. And yes, I do mean that pejoratively even though I'm supposed to be a feminist. We have worked hard together up until this point, and I don't want to let them down. In some ways they will be the ones getting me through this psychological test.

Anyway, that is all. I'm supposed to be drafting a reply brief right now about fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, bleah bleah bleah, so I will go back to that riveting subject matter. Wish me luck, peeps!

Here are a couple of pics of my good friends and training partners (minus Kate):


One more thing: just when you lose faith in everything because of the walking evil that is Karl Rove, the Daily Show comes to restore that faith. Hot Karl! I'm dying! But I still do not think he is going to go down. He is just too evil, powerful, and manipulative.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pete Eriksson said...

You're going to do just fine!

10:04 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites