Monday, December 12, 2005

The Denial Twist

My obsession with The Strokes (12:51 from the very great Room on Fire) and The White Stripes (The Denial Twist, my favorite from Get Behind Me Satan) continues.

How long until you stop caring and forget? I finally got around to watching "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind," or most of it at least, and the concept is interesting. Would I want to forget? Is all of this worth it? At the very least, I can take comfort in the fact that as hard as I have tried to protect my heart, keep it swathed in non-committal feelings, not give too much of it up, and entertain notions of "I'm fine and I'm strong," it is still bruised. OK, so that sucks because obviously no one likes to feel this way. But on the side formerly known as Bright, I still retain my humanity and my emotion and a soft, somewhat malleable heart though I try so desperately to be a strong, modern, independent woman (Bah! What a farce, at least to a certain extent). I just hope that I don't succeed some day in the road to Unscathed, but Cold. Or maybe I do. Hope, that is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites