Wednesday, August 23, 2006

South Beach

I just got back from three incredible days in South Beach, Miami. It was so much fun. Too much fun. Aside from losing my phone temporarily (of course), it was the best vacation I have ever been on. Everything worked out, we met great people, had delicious food and drinks, enjoyed beautiful weather, went to some awesome clubs and bars and restaurants, and just had a nearly perfect time.

Some pictures (or, you can see the entire photostream here):


The view from our hotel. Breathtaking.

The three of us lounging by the Delano Hotel pool.

My view of the ocean for three days. How can you not relax?

Enjoying our gift of fruit. Does it get better than this?

What did I learn on my trip?

-- Vacations are a MUST. Everyone needs them to relax, forget about their "regular" lives, and enjoy themselves.

-- Friends are a MUST. Without friends, what do we have? They know us best, tell us when to shut up or when we are being mean, listen to us, advise us, force us to live better and be better people, take care of us when we are down, stick by us, protect us, and help us enjoy life.

-- I need a new camera because mine is way too clunky and big and precludes me from taking more (and better) pictures.

-- I LOVE SOUTH BEACH. It's like Las Vegas on a beach (without the gambling, which I don't care for anyway), with tropical weather, beautiful people, incredible, gorgeous fashion, great music, and delicious food and drinks.

-- Italians also love South Beach. Most people we met were vacationing from Italy. Yum!

-- It is easy to stay up until 5 a.m. when you are on vacation. It is easy to stay up until 5 a.m. when you are dancing at a club on vacation! It is not easy to get on a 6 a.m. flight after having stayed up all night dancing at a club on vacation. In fact, that kind of sucks.

-- Inhibitions also suck. Though they are there for good reason, there is something cathartic and enriching about breaking free from yourself, even if it is in the most insignificant way.

-- On the flip side, alcohol is not necessary to lower inhibitions and have a great time. In fact, I've learned that a sober high is one thousand times better than one brought on by alcohol.

-- I love Justin Timberlake, and anyone who is too snobby or stupid to acknowledge how talented he is and how fun his music is can bite me.

-- The most tragic form of loss is not the loss of security, it is the loss of the capacity to imagine that things could be different. I'm stealing that from someone (who stole from someone else). Nevertheless, it is true.

-- Do something every day that scares you. What a great thought!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites