Thursday, July 19, 2007

Why?

Why

-- is it still cold sometimes in mid-July?

-- do clients not understand the difference between buying your professional time and owning you?

-- do people drive slowly in the left lane?

-- do I care so much what people think of me?

-- do people stop in the middle of a crowded sidewalk?

-- does Nordstrom start its semi-annual sale on a Friday so all the good stuff gets taken by stupid bitches who don't have to work?

-- has it been almost six months since I've been to New York?

-- is Anthony Hopkins's portrayal of Hannibal Lector one of the most perfect. roles. ever. It makes me shiver no matter how many times I watch it.

-- can't my sister-in-law get pregnant again?

-- do I find myself attracted to people who are totally wrong for me and who make no sense at all?

-- in the battle between heart (or hormones) and mind does the heart (or hormones) almost always find a way to overcome the mind, all logic and sense notwithstanding?

-- does Patrick get to fly all over the world and I'm fucking banging my head against the wall at this thankless, frustrating, depressing, go-nowhere job?

And to close this off, please [fill in your deity here] don't let MP have another horrible, debilitating disease or some horrible, debilitating stroke. Please, please no.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites