Monday, September 24, 2007

The Next Stop Is. . .

I hope, anyway.

Lots of fun things this weekend. Lots of drinking and eating and laughing. I am fortunate. I'll give a more full report soon but the most interesting thing I ate this weekend was bruschetta with white anchovies, soft-cooked egg, and braised leeks at Craftbar. It was the perfect combination of salty, aromatic, tangy, and muted. The warm pecorino fondue with acacia honey, hazelnuts, and pepperoncini (also at Craftbar) I think was the most delicious thing I ate. The most offensive thing I ate was a grilled chicken skewer from the halal cart outside of our hotel at 4 a.m. It tasted good at the time, but I mean. . . .The best thing I drank was a treacle (sp?) posing as an Old-Fashioned at Flatiron Lounge. I'm really digging this old-fashioned cocktail/speakeasy atmosphere revival thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites