Monday, August 27, 2007

FALL

Okay first, more egregious pictures of cute little kids:

First, my nephew -- poor kid has the big head all of us do --


Then, S with J, S, and N -- we're watching the W. Sox get slaughtered by the R. Sox. Aren't they awesome?!


Watching a baseball game with kids (esp. awesome kids like these guys) RULES. So fun. It was pretty cool to see Manny Ramirez and company so close up.
It's fall as evidenced by the monstrous September Vogue and September In Style. I'm secretly excited about it, if anything for the clothes. Goddamn "skinny pants" are back, though. And I hate the tunicy billowy thing, who does that look good on? OH RIGHT, the same people who look good in skinny, stovepipe pants. Bitches. I am digging pencil skirts, trenchcoats, and small fall bags, not that I'm going to buy any of those things. Okay, maybe a trenchcoat, like this one. It's utilitarian!
Why the fuck do so many urban city dwellers get dogs? I'm not talking about families -- that I get. I'm talking about idiots who are away from their homes for 10 to 12 hours a day, live in smallish apartments or condos, and can't handle living by themselves and need the unconditional devotion and attachment of an animal who had no choice in the matter. Or couples who have grown tired of 1 to 3 years of marriage and need to get a dog to (1) draw attention away from the slow realization that marriage actually wasn't going to be nirvanic bliss; (2) distract themselves from the reality that their attraction to one another is steadily but surely waning; and (3) do a test run before they start popping out kids. The Pet Shop Boys said it best:
I want a dog,
A chihuahua
When I get back to my small flat
I want to hear somebody bark
Oh, (oh oh) you can get lonely
Dont want a cat,
Scratching its claws all over my Habitat
Giving no love and getting fat
Oh, (oh oh) you can get lonely
And a cats no help with that
I want a dog,
To walk in the park
When it gets dark, my dog will bark
At any passers-by
Oh, (oh oh) you can get lonely
I want a dog,
A chihuahua
When I get back to my small flat
I want to hear somebody bark
Oh, (oh oh) you can get lonely
I want a dog

Idiots.
I'm really excited about the new Ang Lee movie. A story about forbidden, doomed love directed by Ang Lee that takes place in Japanese-occupied 1940s Shanghai? Does it get better than that? So excited.

1 Comments:

Blogger Caffeine Free said...

I think Tony Leung in any love story works for me.

Can't wait!

5:55 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites